INGREDIENTS : sauce
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 1-2 chipotle peppers in adobo (these vary in heat)
- 2 limes (about 4 tbsp.)
- 2 tbsp. sherry vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
INGREDIENTS : filling
- 2 lbs. sweet potatoes
- 2 large chicken breasts (about 1-1.5 lbs.)
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 bunches chard, stems removed
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- Greek yogurt or sour cream
- Salsa or Rick’s Picks Handy Corn
- In a blender, mix garlic, chipotle peppers, lime juice, vinegar, and salt. Slowly add the olive while blending. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Thinly slice the sweet potatoes (I use a mandolin). Place on cooking sheets (try not to overlap), drizzle with olive oil and salt. Bake the sweet potatoes until nice and done, about 15-20 minutes.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking, cook the chicken breasts in boiling water. When cooled, shred into small pieces with your hands or a fork.
- Wash the chard, remove the stems and roughly chop. Sauté chard in 1 tbsp. olive oil with a little salt.
- Combine sweet potatoes, chicken, chard and red onion in a large bowl. Pour on sauce and mix well.
- To serve, warm the tortillas (I used my gas burner) and pile high with the chicken/sweet potato mix. Garnish with cilantro, yogurt, and salsa